Saturday, January 24, 2015

2015-01 7" record boxes

I have kept my LPs well sorted and it pays; You can find things and duplicates show up so you can keep the best LP.
But 45's have lived in stacks unsorted except of a fav's pile.
No more.
The mid shelf of LP store was always put aside for 45s but getting boxes ? I could not do this. Nothing was the right size, so I must make some.
Got some thin and strong cardboard boxes from the recycling at work, some cutting and hot glue and here they are:

I made them the same depth as the shelves and just wide enough so that 5 fit on each shelf. Much denser and more accessible too.
Freed up a bit of much needed space so now I get to move the LPs around to make room and then sort the 45's into categories I guess.


  • Cut the box into sections.  1 for the front, 1 for the back and one for the bottom and sides.

  • I use a cutting mat and box cutter to make the parts. To score the bends I used the end of a median paint brush. Be careful to crush but not cut the cardboard.
  • Hot glue the parts together.
Box cut into sections for parts   

No comments: